Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting Ready

Well in 6 days I will officially begin my year off. I'm taking the year off after graduating college and before law school to do some exploring. My friend Kirstin and I are going to walk the Camino Trail in Spain for the month of September.....its 500 miles.

I am pretty much packed. This is easy when you don't bring much. For those of you (Aunt Mary, my parents and Adeline) who witnessed the amount of luggage I brought with me when I studied abroad in London for a semester, you will be very impressed.

Here is my general packing list:

1 backpack to carry everything in
2 pairs of long sleeve, button up, sun protection shirts
2 tank tops
2 pairs of pants....that zip off into shorts....oh man.
2 pairs of wool socks, 4 pairs of liner socks
1 pair of hiking shoes
1 pair of Tevas (a pair of shoes i never thought i would ever own)
1 set of long underwear to sleep in/wear on cold days
Some toiletries...I'm leaving my Purell antibacterial hand sanitizer at home.
Guide book
Head Lamp (It is pink...but also another item I didn't think I would ever buy/have a need for)
Camera
Bright purple and pink rain jacket
Black rain pants (the concept of rain pants were new to me)
Fleece jacket
Vitamins
Trekking Poles
2 Camelbacks (in case one breaks)
Journal
....and a hat and head scarf

I am not a light packer so this is new to me. About as new as hiking 15 miles a day will be.

1 comment:

ASUNeal said...

Glad to hear you'll be blending in with the Spaniards (Bright purple and pink rain jacket).