Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Porto Porto Porto

Well we made it! We ended up not getting a train until 4 and finally got into Porto around 10. After a quick little cab ride, we pulled up to our bed and breakfast. Not really knowing what to expect, we walked into this beautiful lobby with a giant spiral staircase. Kirstin and I looked at each other and just smiled. It was so much nicer than I could have expected. Getting into our room was no problem, they let us move our reservation back a day for no extra charge.

There isn´t too much to report mostly because we havent really done much =). We spent most of the day laying in bed and reading. It feels so nice to just relax and not have to walk. We decided to just go to the grocery store to pick up dinner. We got our usual camino food and came back to our room to eat it. I don´t think we even made a quarter of a dent into it. We both had zero appitite. I suppose when you don´t walk 15 miles a day....it makes a difference.

Tomorrow we are planning to venture out a little bit more and have some Port wine Porto is so famous for. Then, we have a 24 hour train ride to Barcelona! We are going to be very well rested when that time comes.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Well you girls did it. I'm so proud of both of you. It has been quite an adventure, and so exciting to read you'r progress each day. You made me feel as if I were "walking beside you" (thats an old song, I remember) Your next adventure is Barcinola, then what?

Have a great time and keep those blogs coming - I love them.

Love,

Grandma

Betty said...

Hi Jen,

I'm back again. Wanda was here today and she said to say hello, also my friend Barb Croy said hello. All my friends ask about you and wish you luck on your big adventure. So I'm passing on all the good wishes to both you and Kirstin.

Keep me posted on all your good times. How is your foot doing?

OK, I'm gone again. Tomarrow I have my craft group at church. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Love you,

Grandma

AriZona said...

I miss your blogs...I miss hearing of all the adventures you and Kirstin are having....

Are you Wooooo Hooooooing everywhere you go?

Live Passionately,
-AriZona