Monday, September 22, 2008

I bought 600mg Ibeprophen today

Yesterday we walked to El Burgo which was about 15 miles away from Carrion. I moved pretty slow but I took lots of breaks and made it just fine. We stayed at a parish albergue which was maybe the best sleep I have had since I´ve been here. I was in a small room with two other girls, Hannah and Jess and none of us snored. The women who ran the albergue made us all a really lovely dinner of salad and soup. There were around 60 people staying there that night so we all sat, crammed into this tiny room in long tables. I love the big group dinners, they are just so happy and full of happiness. We had to stand up and say our names and where we were from. After each person, everyone in the room cheered. There was a lot of cheering =).

We went to bed to the sound of a thunderstorm and woke up to the sound of a thunderstorm. What does that mean? Well I got to wear my rain pants for one thing. The rain actually wasn´t that bad, just a constant drizzle for the first half of the day. My rain jacket and pants worked perfectly though and I really can´t complain too much. Most of the walk was along the highway but lucky for us there wasn´t too much traffic. There is actually a path on the side of the highway so we aren´t really walking in traffic but looking ahead in my guide book, it appears to be a dangerous walk into León tomorrow. The book said something about a lot of people taking the bus in and that those bus drivers should say a prayer for the walkers. The good news is that the walk is only...ready for this.....11 miles tomorrow!

There are a lot of people who are riding their bikes along the camino. I just have to say, they are really really annoying. They don´t mean to be, but they just speed along, much faster than I can walk and sort of yell back ¨Buen Camino¨as they rush past. Its mostly that I am tired of walking and they are going faster and usually you have to move out of the way for them. It is sort of petty I suppose. Some of them have these little bells that they ding to get you to move out of they way. The bells I think are worse than the yelling at you. Some bikers today did though yell ¨Hey Chicas¨ to us as they sped past us. I knew those rain pants looked good....

My right foot still hurts so I went to the Farmacia today and bought some pretty strong ibeprophen so I should be cruising tomorrow. A few of the girls in our little group are making us dinner tonight, I think it is vegitable soup which should be really nice!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Jenny, Sorry I missed your call this morning. With that strength of Vitamin "I", you'll be running and jumping tomorrow. Are you staying the extra day in Leon?

mom

Betty said...

Hi Jenny, I agree with your Mom, with the "I" you should be feeling much better (I hope).

Glad you looked so cute in your rain gear, would have loved to see you, in such a sexy outfit, hope you got a picture.

Take care, I love you,

Grandma

AriZona said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jennie!!!!!

Sounds like you had fun. The people you meet on the Camino definitely become your family. The big dinners are so much fun.

The "I" definitely helps the aches and pains. How is your foot? What happened, blister, arch?

Leon is a fun place to explore as I've told you, I hope you stayed one night.

Hey Chica...so the pink rain outfit helped? I disagree, you don't need any help at all, you've got it all girl friend.

I've been in Tacoma, just returned Sat night, didn't use my computer, sorry I've been out of touch. You are past half way...Woooo Hoooo!!!!!

Taking you away from your daily distractions definitely helps going within and discovering new aspects of yourself, or even things you may have forgotten.

You are doing it!!!!! Living your Dreams!!!! The lawyer, that was big. As Paulo Coelho says, "We reach exactly where we must reach, because the hand of God always guides the one who follows his path with faith"...."the Pilgrimage"

Can't wait for more stories.

Sending lots of love and energy,
AriZona