Friday, September 5, 2008

Why don´t we just call the mayor?

Today was just so more pleasant than yesterday. Not having to walk up any giant mountains just makes the day so much better! We walked through some pretty adorible towns. They looked like movie sets. Then we walked through a lot of forest...which reminded me of Tom Sawyer´s Island at Disneyland.

So we walked to this town...i do not remember the name. Kirstin is much better than I am at remembering where exactly we are. We went to first place to stay, it was full. As was the second. So we wondered around with this really nice couple from Canada we walked with today. We ran into some other people looking for a place to stay. Someone who spoke Spanish asked a local lady what she thought we should do. Her response was to call the mayor. So...someone got his phone number and that is what we did! He set up for 25 of us to stay in this gym where they have mats in case of emergancy. We all walked over there and now that is where we are staying.

For those of you who may not be aware of my germiphobe ways.... I have some issues. As we were walking into the gym, they handed us these sanitizing covers to put over them. So, here is where I needed to make a decision on how I was going to think about this.

1. Be really grossed out by the fact they need to have these covers for the mats and what could possibly be living in them?

or

2. Be happy that they gave us these covers and assume whatever we need protecting from will not come through.

I am going to try my hardest to think the second thought =).

We have been spending some time with a group of Australians that are about our age. There aren´t a lot of people our age, mostly everyone is much older than we are. One of the girls (in a joking way) made fun of my Tevas today saying they looked very much like a typical American tourist.

I think I may fall asleep at the computer right now so that is really all I can write. So far so good though! Tomorrow we are going to be in Pamplona which should be pretty fun!

P.S. I also am very sorry for my spelling. My mom is going to be mortified. I am a horrible speller and the spell check on the computers only checks for Spanish. So according to it, everything is spelled wrong.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Think of it as a sheet over a mattress!

ASUNeal said...

Look how resourceful you are. I attribute to this Spier's Global Marketing course. He really taught us to be resourceful in Europe.

Also, I thought of talking points next time you're at dinner with the Sweds. A well known joint venture in Sweden with StatHydro.

p.s. Sorry Jenny's mom, I don't spell very well either! :(

Betty said...

Don't worry about your spelling, you come by it naturally. I can not spell very well either, so you get it from me it's in the genes. I would always call Na & ask her how to spell something. Love you.

Alisha said...

I AM SO WITH you on the germ thing! I would have had a cow over the sanitization sheets! OMG what a way to welcome people to the gym! lol Ohh well, you made it through right?? I think I am with you though...did you bring like 10 gallons of Purell??